harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][lang] Is it possible to new an object without invoking any constructor?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:18:28 GMT
On Nov 15, 2007 1:07 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:

> Do you mean this?
>
> class MyObject {
>  String field;
>  MyObject(){
>      super();
>  }
>
> MyObject mo = new MyObject();
>
> With regard to fields being in their default state, that's what
> happens by default. The only thing that changes this is if you inline
> field assigment with the declaration or assign the fields in the
> constructor.

Hi Nathan,

I want an object with all null values for all reference fields, and default
value(0/false) for primitive fields, even there's a constructor:

public class MyObject {
  int i;
  String s;
  B b;
  MyObject() { i = 100; s = "hello";  b= new B(); }
}

I want to have a MyObject myObject whose i = 0, s = null and b = null.
Yes, it's very like the initial state of de-serialized. What I have is the
class definition (e.g class MyObject above), and I want to "new" an instance
with all null/0 value of MyObject.class by some way. Is it possible? Thanks!

> As for creating a new instance without calling a constructor, that's
> what happens when an instance of something is de-serialized. No
> constructor is called; just the readObject() and related methods are

But I don't have an FileInputStream instance...