harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] jetty corrupts big static files
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:50:32 GMT
Alexei,

I have failed to reproduce the issue with r599456 32bit build on both
Linux32/64 with both Selector providers and Jetty 6.1.2pre1.
Stress tests worked out fine 5 of 5 runs each with 1000 iterations.

I've used:
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2007 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java version "1.5.0"
pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
svn = r599456, (Nov 29 2007), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.4.6, release build
http://harmony.apache.org

On:
 - Linux linux64 2.6.9-55.ELlargesmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:46:56 EDT
2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
 - Linux linux32 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Aleksey.

On Nov 29, 2007 5:50 PM, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try it on Linux64, I was able to reproduce it very easily there.
>
> Thanks for doing this,
>
> Alexei
>
> 2007/11/29, Aleksey Shipilev <aleksey.shipilev@gmail.com>:
> > I have one wild thought about the origin of this issue, so I'm going
> > to spend some time for trying.
> > BTW, I failed to reproduce the crash even on legacy selector on my
> > r588236 workspace, now I'm updating it to more recent one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aleksey.
> >
> > On Nov 29, 2007 5:40 PM, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Aleksey,
> > >
> > > Your provider works better than the default one - VM crash disappears.
> > > VM runs into the dead loop instead :) BTW it would be great if you can
> > > have a look at it...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Alexei

So I