harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm]Leave classunloading on by default?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:28:50 GMT
Hi, Rana!

On Sep 24, 2007 12:11 AM, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harmony DRLVM has recently added a class unloading feature. It's now
> ready for trial and regular use. It's not on by default, and to turn
> on the feature, a couple of options are needed:
>  -XX:gc.ignore_vtable_tracing=false  -XX:gc.force_major_collect=true
AFAIU, forcing major collect will disable minor collection entirely,
so we will have the major collection every time the heap is full. If
my understanding is correct, then GC pauses will be significantly
larger thus degrading workload performance. Have you counted
minor/major collection ratios for CU on/off?

Thanks,
Aleksey.