harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][math] BigInteger(int numBits, Random rnd) constructor contains overflow
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:30:57 GMT
I don't think that trying to throw an OutOfMemoryError is going to be
useful here.

Imran:  What is the scenario?  Is this behavior expected by some
application or is this just something you came across?

I suggest we leave it as NPE.

Regards,
Tim

Paulex Yang (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5088?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12546162
]

> Paulex Yang commented on HARMONY-5088:
>
> I got problem to comply with RI 1.6_03 here,  new BigInteger(Integer.MAX_VALUE, (Random)null)
throws OutOfMemoryError on both windows/linux, while my modification like below throws NPE.

> - numberLength = (numBits + 31) >> 5;
> + numberLength = (numBits + 31) >>> 5;
>
> I have no idea how to make a OOME except explicitly new one, which is too ugly to me.
Any ideas?