harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Deciding a date for Milestone 4
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:51:26 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:
>  One of the new features in DRLVM in this milestone is support for native 64
> bit references( we only supported 32 bit compressed references on 64 bit
> architecture before and therefore accessibility upto 4GB ). Almost all the
> feature work is done and committed The pending change is in Harmony-5098.
> Pretty sure that it will be done reviewing/changes and will get committed by
> Nov 30, but it may spill over by a day or two. Just a heads up.

Is this something we (collectively) are happy to put in at the last
minute?  Is it something you would prefer people to use for a few weeks
before declaring good enough for a milestone build?

There should be no shame in moving it into the next milestone (which is
why we want to hold them quite frequently, but I won't go on about that
again :-) ).

Regards,
Tim