harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Eclipse][plugin] Plugin can not find kernel jars in DRL VM directory
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:15:18 GMT
Just taking a look at the J9 harmonyvm.properties file I see that it
does not use %VM_DIR%
either, eg:
bootclasspath.kernel.1=%LAUNCHER_HOME%/default/luni-kernel.jar

It seems that VM_DIR would normally be set at the command line using the
-vmdir option.
How this should translate when using the Eclipse plugin is not obvious.
Perhaps it should just
interpret VM_DIR as "default" automatically? This does restrict us to
always having the VM we
are using in Eclipse in the default directory, and means we cannot
simultaneously have multiple JREs
setup within the same Harmony workspace using different VM directories.
Is there any way we can
allow the user to specify the value of VM_DIR when installing the jre in
Eclipse?

Regards,
Oliver

--