harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Deciding a date for Milestone 4
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:43:58 GMT
So if we agree on producing M4 on Fri Dec 14th, then working back from
that date we have:

Code freeze on Fri Dec 7th.  Feature freeze on Fri Nov 30th .

So this coming week is the last chance to consider any new features or
major areas of functionality for inclusion in this milestone.

After Fri 30 Nov our focus is on bug fixing, testing, and stabilizing
the code ready for the milestone.

After Fri Dec 7th the code is frozen, meaning we are all testing and
discussing must-fix bugs that have a serious impact on declaring the
milestone.  Defining a bug as "must-fix" requires (at least) two
committers during the freeze period (of course, everyone's opinion is
encouraged).  We aim that this period is no more than a week, but we
will move the date if necessary to achieve the required quality.

i.e., business as usual <g>

Regards,
Tim