harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Deciding a date for Milestone 4
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:49:20 GMT
I think we should agree a date to release our fourth stable milestone
build.  There have been lots of good fixes and enhancements made
throughout the code, and while we have been doing well at maintaining
stability in 'head', I believe that many users wait for a declared
milestone before moving up.

I propose that we aim for declaring M4 on Friday Dec 14th.  That is
three weeks from today.

That date gives us some buffer to overrun if we need it before the
holiday period gets into full swing.  Once get near the end of December
and start of January there are many people taking a well-earned break,
and it will be harder to close out a release.

To get in practice for an official release, I suggest we also try to
complete the full set of rel eng tasks, like release notes, download
signing, and announcements that we haven't been so good at in the past.

What do you think?
Tim