harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Post-build relocation for Harmony
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:21:27 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> That's because editbin can lay out the libraries at once, judging on
> their size. If we will implement the relocation for each of the
> components, we will face the dependencies between them. So I propose
> to relocate the build at once, when all components are built and
> easily accessible.

I see, that makes sense.  So perhaps we should not bother with the
current basing option in makefiles, and just leave it all to the
deployment stage?

Looking at the doc for editbin, I agree that /largeaddressaware looks
like a good option too.  How about /bind ?  Given we just rebased the
DLLs it may help with start-up times?

I may tweak that patch a bit so it doesn't try to rebase the DLLs in the
bin/default directory if the VM isn't DRLVM.  Not sure what the effect
would be on the IBM VME (at least, some of those files don't appear in
the IBM/BEA VM).

Regards,
Tim