harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] undefined API contract for get_bc_location_for_native()
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:58:07 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please take a look and comment in HARMONY-5163. I'm not sure to which
> extent JVMTI is supported in Jitrino.OPT (BTW, is
> JIT_get_exe_capabilities() API dead?), so might overestimate the issue
> complexity...

JVMTI debugging is not going to work with OPT since it relies on program
to be compiled sequentially without any optimizations. I think debugging
the program on OPT will fail before executing the code in
jvmti_stack.cpp:148. But the bug is valid in regard to establishing a
well known contract between VM and JIT about get_bc_location_for_native.

--
Gregory