harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT
Dan Bornstein wrote:
> I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am the tech lead
> on Android responsible for the design and implementation (and, yes,
> the naming) of the Dalvik VM and core libraries. I've been lurking on
> the list for a few months now, but now that Android has had its first
> SDK release, it seemed like a good time to break my silence.
>
> The most important thing I want to say is a big THANK YOU for all your
> work on Harmony. I look forward to working with you all, and I
> especially look forward to being able to pass patches back and forth
> between our respective projects, whenever and however that makes
> sense.

Hi Dan.

Just to echo what others have already said...

Android looks cool, and of course we are delighted to see Harmony code
being used in the stack.  I am also looking forward to working with you
to improve and adapt the code for everyone.

Out of curiosity, did you have to make any significant changes to
Harmony in order to suit your needs?  Perhaps you can share some
experiences, and a wish list.

Regards,
Tim