harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security] SSL not supported?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 05:27:13 GMT
We have a great many security features missing right now. Such as SSL and
JGSS, kerberos etc.
And are planning to develop them. Since they are difficult, it is better to
get help from other projects.
Apacheds is one of the projects which can provide kerberos support (but
still under development).

I did not find a specific third party project which fully caters for our
security needs. If any clue, would anyone
please kindly let me know?

Best regards

2007/11/26, Zakharov, Vasily M <vasily.m.zakharov@intel.com>:

> Hi, all,
>

> I'm trying to run Geronimo 2.0.2 on Harmony, and I encounter the
> following error at startup:
>

> java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSLContext SSL implementation
> not found
>         at
> org.apache.harmony.security.fortress.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:105)
>
>         at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:79)
>

> I've filed HARMONY-5191 for this problem.
>

> I wonder if this is some configuration problem, or Harmony currently
> doesn't support SSL at all?
>

> Thank you!
>

> Vasily Zakharov
>
> Intel ESSD

> Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
> Registered legal address: 125252, Moscow, Russian Federation,
> Chapayevsky Per, 14.

Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM