harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] Add a task for BTI to create a new adaptor from a template
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:46:34 GMT
Hi

Similar effort from you and me, welcome. :-)

I wrote a scenario test to extract schema info.
from Openldap. And seems there are 2 bugs resides in ASN.1 framework.

1. When the response from server is extremely large - larger than
BerInputStream
buffer size, the buffer size relocation process will mistakenly calculate
new buffer size.

2. In method readContent, the if statement:

            if (in.read(buffer, offset, length) != length) {
                throw new ASN1Exception(Messages.getString("security.13C"));
//$NON-NLS-1$
            }
            offset += length;
is not enough to guarantee all the bytes are read into buffer. This can be
fixed using a while loop:

            int numread = 0, oldoffset = offset;
            while ((numread = in.read(buffer, offset, length)) > 0) {
                offset += numread;
                length -= numread;
                if(length == 0) {
                    break;