harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] Add a task for BTI to create a new adaptor from a template
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:22:11 GMT
See my comments inline.

2007/10/31, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:

> To add a task for BTI, we have to rewrite some scripts whose start are
> similar.
> So i think we can add a new task "create-adaptor" for BTI.

I think its a good  practice to remove duplication, and safe unnecessary
manual work.

I have create a
> new jira for it [1].
> we can use this task like:
>
>   $>ant create-adaptor -Dadaptor=hello
>
> This task can create a new adaptor directory in ${trunk}/adapotrs named
> after "hello" from the command line.
> It can supply default settings from template files, such as generating
> summary, getting dependecy.
> We can put adaptor-template.xml and parameters-template.xml in
> ${trunk}/script/template.
> The task will replace the @SUITE@ at the template files to real suite
> name.

Sounds a good idea. You can give a brief instruction on our wiki page.
Recently, I am writing scenario
test for ldap service provider. And I plan to integrate the test case into
BTI, your tool will be valuable to
me.

What's more, we can supply more template files for different kinds of test

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM