harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] Download dependence according to OS type
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:23:44 GMT
2007/11/1, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:

> Hi, BTI gurus
>
> As we know, some tests need to start a server before process testing, such
> as our jetty scenario test.
> The question is sometimes the server isn't always implemented by java. It
> may be platform-dependent.

Agree.

Shall we add a new parameter to the dependence module of BTI? Such as

>     <external>
>         <my-dependency-windows
>             url="http://host.of/my-dependency.zip"
>             md5="87A617D7E65979AE01B5ACE4649EB40B"
>             dir="my-dep-dir"
>             inc="*/lib/*.jar"
>            os="windows"
>         />
>     </external>
>
>     <external>
>         <my-dependency-linux
>             url="http://host.of/my-dependency.zip"
>             md5="87A617D7E65979AE01B5ACE4649EB40B"
>             dir="my-dep-dir"
>             inc="*/lib/*.jar"
>            os="linux"
>         />
>     </external>
>
> In this case, BTI can download only one of them according to the current
> operating system.
> Does it make sense?  Or just find a java-implemented platform-independent
> alternative?

I do not think every server will have a java counter-part. And its unfair to
lay this requirement in front of every kind of server.
So +1 for differentiate servers for different platforms, at least leave the
possibility here.

--

--
Spark Shen