harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][misc] Could we make ObjectAccessor.getInstance() public?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:26:51 GMT
Andrew Zhang wrote:
> An existing application depends on this feature, but I can't say it's
> important.

Reading the other responses, I have to agree that it sounds like you are
looking for this change for an application use rather than Harmony
implementation, and we don't really want to go there :-)

Don't you want this application to work on other compatible JRE's?

> I don't think java developers want to distribute their product as jars +
> .so/.dll.

...and yet, that is what they would have to do in the case they depend
upon JNI calls.

> Since Harmony has the java side wrapper,  package friend is also
> not the problem. The application is using reflection for this functionality
> for other platforms.
>
> Well, if it conflicts with our current convention, just ignore my
> suggestion. Thanks.

Nice try <g> (and let us know when we can try this application!)

Regards,
Tim