harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm][verifier] what is the right place for verifier extension?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:44:50 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> I'm preparing some extension for bytecode verifier functionality by
> Eclipse request.
> What is the right place for it? I see three options:
>
> 1. put it into drlvm/trunk and include to the build
> 2. put it into drlvm/trunk and exclude from the build
> 3. put it soemwhere else
>
> #2 looks more preferable for me.
>
> opinions? other options?

This probably depends on how tightly it is integrated into the rest of
verifier. If it is possible to build it as a standalone library, then
Alexei's suggestion is ideal I think. But if it cannot be built without
VM sources then why not add it to the VM trunk?

Take for example HARMONY-4689. While it is an extension used in very
special circumstances, it just cannot be placed anywhere else because it
requires half of the VM just to compile.

--
Gregory