harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][verifier] Using the Harmony verifier code for computing the StackMapTable attribute
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:36:08 GMT
Asaf Yaffe wrote:
> 1. Distribution model: the TPTP project prefers to consume any
> Harmony distribution in binary form rather than in source form, in
> order to simplify the TPTP build and distribution process. I would
> like to know whether there are any licensing issues involved here (as
> far as I know, this will not be the first time that Eclipse and
> Apache cooperates, but this issue should be examined and approved by
> legal on both sides).

The whole Harmony distribution is covered by the Apache License v2, but
individual pieces within it may have other, compatible licenses as
described in our third party notices file.

The knack will be to figure out what pieces you need from Harmony, and
extract them from the pieces you do not need.  If the bits of code you
need are all authored in / contributed to the Harmony project then you
can also use them separately under ALv2.

Regards,
Tim