harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [porting] PPC Linux and z/OS update
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:56:39 GMT
Spark Shen wrote:
> 2007/11/2, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com>:
>
> <SNIP>
> IMHO it is not worth maintaining a full set of EBCDIC source
>
>> files just to support z/OS - I personally just use a very basic perl
>> script that recursively converts all the c source/makefiles into EBCDIC
>> and leaves the files that do not need conversion alone.
>>

> Then the build process for z/OS will be slight different. We need to modify
> the build scripts to add the
> conversion stage,
Yes, this would be good. I wasn't sure exactly how to do this but it's
probably possible. We'd need to check each file to see whether it has
already been converted into EBCDIC and, if not, carry out the conversion.

>  and we (in fact, it's you :) ) also need to contribute the
> perl conversion tool. Right?

I don't mind contributing the little script I use, although if we can
get the automatic conversion working as you suggest I think this would
be a much better solution.

Regards,
Oliver