harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [porting] PPC Linux and z/OS update
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:42:50 GMT
We do not need to convert any xml scripts or any java source code as
these can be handled in ASCII format by Ant and javac. The only files
that need to be converted into EBCDIC are the c/c++ source code and
makefiles. IMHO it is not worth maintaining a full set of EBCDIC source
files just to support z/OS - I personally just use a very basic perl
script that recursively converts all the c source/makefiles into EBCDIC
and leaves the files that do not need conversion alone. It's not a
perfect solution, but it's quick and fairly pain free :)

Regards,
Oliver