harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] performance diminishing while executing the test
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:11:23 GMT
I just found curious behavior of DRLVM. When running
WeakReferenceandThreadTest from the reliability suite during different
time period I noted that DRLVM performance gradually diminishes during
the functioning. The results:

5 min test – 532 test iterations
10 min – 809 iterations
15 min – 983
20 min – 1150
30 min – 1369
60 min – 1779

So during the second half of hour in the one hour test run DRLVM
executes less iterations than single 5 min test run.
I think these results should be investigated. I suspect this in weak
reference related peculiarities, but not sure.

This is also an explanation for reliability test failing by timeout
which we have periodically. Our algorithm estimates overall test
duration by linear interpolation from the first test run. I'll try to
fix this in reliability harness.

--
Thanks,
Andrey