harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][misc] Could we make ObjectAccessor.getInstance() public?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:22:00 GMT
This is a class in a org.apache.harmony package. By general
convention, these classes are for implementation use within Harmony
only. At some point, these packages will be unavailable at runtime
(via OSGi or the like restrictions).

There may be exceptions to this rule, such as where Harmony will
provide plug-in points, etc. However, I don't believe this is falls
into that category. There are a number of reasons, but most of them
fall under the fact that creating instances like this would circumvent
many of basic tenants and assumptions of the class library and
runtime.

-Nathan