harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [classlib][lang] Is it possible to new an object without invoking any constructor?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:07:14 GMT
Do you mean this?

class MyObject {
  String field;
  MyObject(){
      super();
  }

MyObject mo = new MyObject();

With regard to fields being in their default state, that's what
happens by default. The only thing that changes this is if you inline
field assigment with the declaration or assign the fields in the
constructor.

As for creating a new instance without calling a constructor, that's
what happens when an instance of something is de-serialized. No
constructor is called; just the readObject() and related methods are
invoked.

-Nathan