harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] Compatibility :: EnumSet.elementType field doesn't exist
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:18:15 GMT
Hi, all,

I'm trying to run Geronimo Unit Tests 2.0.2 on Harmony, and I've found
that GUT uses XStream 1.1.3, which addresses
java.util.EnumSet.elementType field that is package private in RI and is
absent in Harmony.

Of course, this is a problem in XStream, and moreover it's already fixed
there in v1.2.2 (see [1]), however, I think this is a point where we
could be compatible with RI just in case some other application does the
same mistake.

Harmony implementation of EnumSet has elementClass field that seems to
be the equivalent of RI's elementType field. So my suggestion is to
rename elementClass to elementType and thus become more compatible and
move GUT v2.0 enabling forward.

I've filed HARMONY-5196 for this problem and attached a simple renaming
patch that I suggest to apply.

Are there any objections?

If not, than could someone please commit the patch?

Thank you!

Vasily Zakharov

Intel ESSD

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-379

---

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
Registered legal address: 125252, Moscow, Russian Federation,
Chapayevsky Per, 14.