harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Leviev" <ilya.lev...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][Jitrino\Jet] Jitrino memory leaks due to insufficient JFrame internal data disposing
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:09:32 GMT
Hello JIT gurus,

I have profiled a simple EIOffice application on Harmony using
BoundsChecker and the tool detected more memory leaks. These memory
leaks fall to your area today.

I've noticed that when JET is used for method compilation, JFrame
class at Jitrino\Jet does not dispose its local variables and operand
stack data fields (m_stack and m_vars). During simple scenario
(start-shutdown) it gives us 11078 leaking Val objects.

Here is stack trace:

JIT_compile_method_with_params->
Jet::compile_with_params->
Jet::Compiler::compile>
  m_bbStates[0]->jframe.init(m_infoBlock.get_stack_max(),
  m_infoBlock.get_num_locals());
Jet::JFrame::init
  m_stack = new Val[max_stack+1];

I wonder if you think that these leaks might be worth to be fixed. As
for my personal point of view the less leaks we have, the better,
especially when the fix is as simple as adding delete operator. Thank
you for your time.

With best regards, Ilya.