harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][nio] jetty corrupts big static files
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:06:46 GMT
Hi all,

If you keep track of CC reports (either at [1] or by reading
alerts@harmony.apache.org) then you probably noticed that we have
intermittent failures of Jetty scenario on Linux'es for quite long
period of time already. I've spent some time on investigation of this
failure and found that Jetty-on-Harmony has issues with handling of
big static files. In most cases it simply returns corrupted data.
However, sometimes it hangs or even crashes. I've put the detailed
description of this problem here [2]. In brief I think we have bugs in
Harmony implementation of NIO selectors. Jetty works ok if its default
SelectChannelConnector is replaced with any other of its connectors
like SockerConnector (no NIO) or BlockingChannelConnector (NIO, but no
selectors). Stack traces also point to problems somewhere in
Java_org_apache_harmony_luni_platform_OSNetworkSystem_selectImpl .

IMO such issue is rather critical because it prevents default
configuration of Jetty from working correctly on Harmony.
Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with NIO code by myself. So I
think it would be nice if our NIO experts can take a look at it. And
IMO it would be good to have it fixed till M4.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mloenko/snapshot_testing/script/snapshots_summary.html

Thanks,
Alexei