harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:33:02 GMT
Hi all,

I've raised a JIRA[1] for migrating the dependencies of locale related
data to icu4j and remove the data in
luni/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/luni/internal/locale/. Currently
I have delegated all the locale related classes to corresponding
classes in icu4j and successfully removed the dependencies of harmony
resource bundles.

As expected, there are around 20 failures of harmony test. Many of
them are caused by data difference. I've listed all of them on harmony
wiki[2] and will raise them to icu soon.

By applying this patch, we can get 4.2 mega bytes decrease in harmony
source code, including the svn data.

My proposal is to apply the patch on 5061 first and exclude these
tests which fail on different locale data. Then I'll take follow up
action to contact icu team and get solution to move them out.
Otherwise I'm afraid my fix will be outdated for waiting until icu
team get ready to fix the data. Do you have any objection?

Later, I'll take care of the performance issue of this delegation.

Thanks in advance for your comments

[1]

[2]
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/MigrateToICU