harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] Commit messages (was Re: svn commit: r595625 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java: net/URLConnection.java util/Date.java)
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:38:01 GMT

Apologies for moaning again but I promise to stop moaning when every
gets it right . . .

On 16 November 2007 at 11:04, tonywu@apache.org wrote:
> Author: tonywu
> Date: Fri Nov 16 03:04:25 2007
> New Revision: 595625

> Log:
> Apply patch for Harmony-5112 ([classlib][luni][EUT] r592434 caused regression
>  in EUT3.3)
> [SNIP]

The case of 'HARMONY-5112' is important.  If you get it right (ALL UPPER
CASE) then it gets linked in to the "Subversion commits" tab in the
JIRA.  This commit will not be listed as the case is incorrect.

and on 18 November 2007 at 15:19, lvjing@apache.org wrote:

> Author: lvjing
> Date: Sun Nov 18 07:19:54 2007
> New Revision: 596091

> Log: Apply for Harmony-5132

*sigh* ... this is a useless log message.  Please read the "Commit
messages" section of:

  http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/NewCommitter

If this wiki page is not clear, please update it.

I've also checked in an update to this commit because two added files
were missing the license header.

Regards,
 Mark.