harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:09:14 GMT
On the 0x38D day of Apache Harmony Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> "Dalvik: how Google routed around Sun's IP-based licensing
> restrictions on Java ME"
>
> http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/110/

Thanks, xiaofeng! This is a really interesting read! Stefano rocks!

...I had just been thinking.. why would they make something other than
java byte code? .. I was not smart enough to find out that this could
be a part of the strategy besides a mere overoptimization :)

Congratulations to all of us!

P.S.: how about a post dedicated to this in the blog? is anybody
writing one? :)

--
Egor Pasko