harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build?] Problem with snapshot build or download page?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:38:42 GMT
Hi Stepan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes - I was meaning successful as not only compiled
succesfully but passed all the required tests.  Required tests would be a
set of tests that we aimed to be GREEN all the time.  Then if something is
checked in that breaks one of these tests it would either be fixed fairly
quickly (say within a day or two?) or rolled back.  We could publish any (or
every) build that passed this subset, which should mean that there's never a
long period of time without a build being published.

I think this would also help with reducing the freeze period for a milestone
because it would mean we would never get too far away from something that's
working, so stabilization would be easier.  It's also easier to fix
something that's just been committed than something that you did 2 or 3
months ago.

I like the suggestion of using the integrity suite as a start - it seems
like a good basic set of tests to aim for. But if you don't think it's
realistic to keep these green most the time during a development cycle, then
maybe just start with the classlib, drlvm and drlvm-regression tests?  These
are all green at the moment on 32-bit Linux and Windows and I think the
Harmony community is already quite good at trying to keep those tests
passing.

Thanks,

Sian

--