harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build?] Problem with snapshot build or download page?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:49:07 GMT

> 2007/10/16, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>:
> > Hi Mikhail,
> >
> > Thanks for clarifying that - I had thought that the development page had
> > milestone builds for users and snapshots for developers (or users who
> want
> > the absolute latest build).  Just out of interest, how do you decide
> whether
> > to promote a snapshot to the download page?
>
> If the results are not worse than the previous ones
>
> I'm just a little confused
> > about why we have them as well as milestone builds, since we have quite
> > frequent milestone releases. I guess I would probably prefer to see
> > downloads available for the latest successful build.  E.g. if a user
> raises
> > a bug you would be able to get them to try the latest build if it was
> > available to download, and then get them to try the latest again when a
> fix
> > goes in etc.
>
> That's right. The question is how we define "successful" build. If it
> does not run
> "Hello world", is it successful?

I think a "successful" build would at least pass all the Harmony tests
(maybe on a subset of platforms).  I guess other test suites could be added
in if they're passing reliably and they don't take too long, but publishing
every build that passes our own test suite would make sense to me, at least
to start with.

Thanks,

Sian