harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build?] Problem with snapshot build or download page?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:20:02 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for clarifying that - I had thought that the development page had
milestone builds for users and snapshots for developers (or users who want
the absolute latest build).  Just out of interest, how do you decide whether
to promote a snapshot to the download page?  I'm just a little confused
about why we have them as well as milestone builds, since we have quite
frequent milestone releases.  I guess I would probably prefer to see
downloads available for the latest successful build.  E.g. if a user raises
a bug you would be able to get them to try the latest build if it was
available to download, and then get them to try the latest again when a fix
goes in etc.

Thanks,

Sian