harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general][M3] release r580985 as M3 stable build
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:27:23 GMT

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > Let's make a decision about the last milestone candidate r580985.
> > Shortly, as I can see there is only one issue that blocks its release
> > - HARMONY-4873
> >
> > I'd suggest the next - we wait for objections to postpone the issue
> > resolution to M4 for 72 hours (starting from now) to let everyone to
> > speak up.
> > If there are no objections - we make the release. Also I think we
> > shouldn't keep all this time the trunk frozen so I'd suggest if there
> > are no objections during 24 hours we unfroze the trunk. If  after that
> > we get a vote for fixing the issue then a branch is created to make
> > the fix and testing.
>
> Agreed, although it would be good to hear that the Eclipse 3.3 launching
> problem is fixed that Sian posted about on the thread "Re: [eclipse]
> Eclipse 3.3 can not download updates".

I've just done some more digging on this and it's only failing when you copy
the Harmony JRE to the eclipse/jre directory (which is new in Eclipse 3.3).
You can still add jre\bin to the path and run eclipse.exe like you did
before.  So as it's not a regression and it could take a while to figure out
I would probably say it's not a blocking issue for M3.

Next question is whether to raise a Harmony bug or an Eclipse bug...

--
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.