harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Multi-lingual publishing channels - blog, harmony web site etc.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:42:48 GMT
Hi Nadya,

I glanced on the Russian pages; fixed some typos/wording on the
startup page. Regarding the "Quick Help" tranlsation, most confusing
and inconsistent wording is for "check out" translations: "выгрузить",
"загрузить", "извлечь". The first term is used mostly but IMO is the
least suitable. What about "скачать"? :)
Another apparent issue is that pages become slightly outdated, should
be re-sychronized before putting them on the website.
I think all pages which are linked from contents of these "main" pages
should be translated, i.e. navigation graph should be consistent in
regards to the language. I guess it would be slightly disappointing to
follow a Russian hyperlink and find English content underneath.

BTW, did you experiment yet with multilingual site generation? Just
curious, would it require using utf8 for non-English xmls?

--
Regards,
Alexey