harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [porting] FreeBSD
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:17:09 GMT
Mark,

Nice to hear about this progress, it's quite inspiring news.
Looking at the changes, they are simple but scattered through the all
components. Your ideas or suggestions on improving drlvm portability
are welcomed. Also, it's interesting to compare build systems of drlvm
and classlib in this relation - extra inconveniences or advantages of
each of them?

--
Alexey

2007/10/29, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> There are quite a few hacks the last of which is in r589418, but on
> FreeBSD 6.2 I can now compile a minimal amount of drlvm with:
>
> sh build.sh \
>  -DCOMPONENTS="vm.interpreter vm.vmcore vm.em vm.gc_gen vm.vmi vm.hythr vm.kernel_classes"
\
>   -Dhy.local.zlib=true -Dhy.no.sig=true -Dhy.no.thr=false
>
> and then run with:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=freebsd_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default:freebsd_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin
./freebsd_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/java \