harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] accepting bug reports/patches in other languages?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:35:58 GMT
2007/10/18, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
> Well we can start for example with Chinese and Russian.
> I think we have enough people here who could translate
>
> For other languages we could use e.g. auto-translators.
>
> I suggest that we consider this as a new potential feedback channel,
> if you have user feedback then you have a choice to translate it or ignore it.
> If we say that we don't read feedback in other languages we don't have
> such a choice.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds interesting. I think we may try such workflow internally for
now (before publicly advertising multilingual support), e.g. some of
fellow contributors files a couple of non-english JIRAs, and watch how
others will respond, and how much overhead the translation will incur
:)

Apparently the translation of initial report should happen promptly,
to enable all community resources to evaluate/fix/commit the issue.
BTW, how issue summaries should look then - bi-lingual strings to
allow normal navigation for all?

OTOH w/o multilingual website I doubt we'll get much of non-english
reports - at least user instructions should be available on other
languages; besides JIRA interface is English only.