harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] 5.0 M3 stable build has been released
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:37:28 GMT
Stepan,
thanks for your great support in releasing this build!
And congratulations to everyone!

> Hi all,
>
> I'm glad to announce that M3 stable build has been released: The
> following announcement was added to the news page:
> "The build is targeted primarily to improving overall stability and
> performance. This build contains the following enhancements enabled:
> an innovative fast byte code verifier, lazy resolution in all JIT
> modes on IA32 platforms, support for Java6.0 classes in DRLVM.
>
> The next areas were improved:
> - Bytecode mapping in JIT - exception stack traces became more comprehensive
> - Threading support was partially re-factored towards improvement of
> reliability and maintainability
> - JIT-based JVMTI debug mode was speed up in 3 times
> - Stability of Swing and AWT code on Windows"
>
> The build is available on the download page[1]
>
> Please let me know if I missed something that worth to be included to
> the announcement text or there are invalid links on the download page.

Just a minor problem with IE6, it shows bad links for libstdc++v6
files (a blank square instead of "++v6") on file index page [0], but
this must bug of IE as Mozilla has no such problem.
Links on the download page [1] are OK.

[0] http://people.apache.org/builds/harmony/milestones/M3/