harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] accepting bug reports/patches in other languages?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 05:06:49 GMT
>  I used google translator and could easily inderstand what's there!

    Great! (But from my experience it is a little hard to translate
to/from Chinese. And technique issue will make things worse.:)
    But all in all it deserves a try.
    I am wondering whether we can achieve this seamlessly. A user can
use the language he likes and the bug-tracking system can acknowledge
the language of the report by the locale setting from the browser and
by analyzing encoding charset. Once receiving a request of viewing,
the bug-tracking system will render the page with the information
translated to English if the locale of the target user shows that
his/her native language is different from the orginal record.

> 2007/10/19, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
> > Very nice!
> >
> > Now I think we should create instructions on wiki on languages that we speak
> > describing how to file a JIRA. And put a statement like: "now we
> > accept defect reports and pathes on other langages" to the news
> > section on the main page
> > and to the blogs. And put the same statement on all languages
> > we understand with a link to instructions on that languages
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mikhail
> >
> > 2007/10/19, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have created a experimental JIRA report[1] in Chinese & English.
> > > I am not quite sure about whether I did the go through the right process
> > > or the content is qualified enough to be readable.
> > >
> > > May it be a good start for us to find a appropriate process and pattern to
> > > file multi-lingual JIRAs.
> > >
> > > Please correct me if I am wrong.
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-4971

JIRA report in