harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]To move org.apache.harmony.auth.UnixPrincipal related classes to common directory.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:29:04 GMT
On 10/8/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What about NTDomainPrincipal, NTSidPrimaryGroupPrincipal and so on?
> > > Should we move them too?
> >
> >   Seems RI also includes these classes in the distribution of linux release.
> >   But what puzzles me is that from the java doc, NTDomainPrincipal is
> > only referenced by NTLoginModule if I have not missed something and
> > the NTLoginModule itself is not included in the RI distribution on
> > linux.
> >   However, at least to be compatible with RI, I agree to move
> > NTDomainPrincipal to common directory as well.
>
> Sorry, may be may first question was too short/unclear and caused
> misunderstanding.
>
> You wrote that "the UnixPrincipal represents the principal on the
> target server which provides unix interface". So I asked by analogy -
> is there any server which provides windows interface? If yes then we
> may consider moving NT* classes.

   Excuse me, I think I must have also puzzled you.:) The word about
"unix interface" is really too misleading. Actually the Jndi service
always gives the user information in a unix style according to RFC2307
as the doc of JndiLoginModule requires:"The format in which the user's
information must be stored in the directory service is specified in
RFC 2307."

   Furthermore, the java doc of JndiLoginModule concludes:
   "...If the user entered a valid username and password, this
LoginModule associates a UnixPrincipal, UnixNumericUserPrincipal, and
the relevant UnixNumericGroupPrincipals with the Subject."

    I think about JndiLoginModule, only UnixPrincipal related classes
are needed. So I recommend to leave  NT* classes where they currently
resides till there is a solid demand to move them in the future.

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM