harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]To move org.apache.harmony.auth.UnixPrincipal related classes to common directory.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 09:44:38 GMT
On 10/8/07, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Leo Li <liyilei1979@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/8/07, Jimmy,Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >    So shall we also rename them for clear and precise? :)
> >
> >   The tricky thing here is that the UnixPrincipal represents the
> > principal on the target server which provides unix interface. :)
> > (Besides, java doc also claims that they are UnixPrincipals).
> >

> What about NTDomainPrincipal, NTSidPrimaryGroupPrincipal and so on?
> Should we move them too?

   Seems RI also includes these classes in the distribution of linux release.
   But what puzzles me is that from the java doc, NTDomainPrincipal is
only referenced by NTLoginModule if I have not missed something and
the NTLoginModule itself is not included in the RI distribution on
linux.
   However, at least to be compatible with RI, I agree to move
NTDomainPrincipal to common directory as well.