harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [general][site] Harmony TODO list
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:09:54 GMT
I've reviewed Harmony TODO list on our site [1] and it looks a little
bit outdated... At least for class libraries.

=== cut ===
1. General package completion
2. java.util.concurrency: integration of Doug Lea's RI package. Goal
is to use unmodified code from the 166 expert group and implent
whatever support is needed by the VM and rest of class library. (in
progress)
3. CORBA: re-use the Apache Yoko project (currently in incubator) as
the required implementation of CORBA and related support classes (in
progress)
4. JMX: currently we have the standard MX4J jars integrated, but
looking to see what kind of collaboration or unification we can
achieve with the MX4J project. (in progress)
5. Test coverage - we need to greatly increase our unit tests
(functionaly, spec, implementation)
=== cut ===

The first and the last tasks are still relevant.
As far as I understand we've integrated Doug Lea's concurrency package
and Yoko. So these two things can be removed from TODOs. Is this
correct?
What about JMX?

I would add the following items to the list:
1. RTF parser for Swing. We have contribution of javax.swing.rtf
package but we can not use parser from it.
2. Java text renderer for rendering text on buffered images.

We probably also need Java WebStart and browser plug-in. However, I'm
not sure about WebStart. I've never used it :)

Any thoughts? Additions? Comments?

Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/roadmap.html