harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] publish SPECjbb2005 scores
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:25:34 GMT
> Egor Pasko wrote:
> >> I believe that there were discussions between SPEC and the ASF, before
> >> my time, that came to nothing.  Not sure if anything has changed since.
> >
> > Tim,
> >
> > is it necessary for us that SPEC results are published by means of
> > ASF? Maybe it is possible that some committer buys a license, measures
> > all by him/herself and publishes the result? or more complicated way:
> > give someone a right to publish scores?
>
> I don't know the details of SPEC reporting.  That would be an issue
> between the individual and SPEC organization.
>
> > also, if the discussion you mentioned is googleable, I would be happy
> > to take a look at the devil details, since, really, times could have
> > changed. Sorry, could not find any relevant link :(
>
> My information is just based upon an informal discussion with a Geronimo
> developer.  Sorry, I don't know more about it than that.
>
> At least this link [1] implies somebody was trying to run it.
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/specjappserver2004.html
Actually the situation is quite different for Sjbb, and also changed
for SjAS with the introduction of EAStress in 1.08 version. SPEC made
a large step forward to Open Source community and Apache – why should
not we use the momentum and publish the scores?

Tim,
Is there any process in Apache to make such decisions? It should be :)
Can we have a try to start this process again?

Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey