harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] jre bundle size
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:58:56 GMT
17 Oct 2007 09:49:08 +0400, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com>:
> On the 0x372 day of Apache Harmony Spark Shen wrote:
> > 2007/10/17, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > I suggest we maintain our classlib modules (jar) in a central repository.
> > > So we can just get a kernel bundle, and it will download the required
> > > jars.
> >

> > +1 for kernel bundle.
> >
> > We can add options for the default build task. Using these options to
> > determine whether
> > to include source code ,debug information etc.
> >
> > And what about  and a new build target 'build-core' for only those kernel
> > bundles necessary
> > to start JRE.
>
> Sorry, guys:
> -1
>
> First of all, -1 to removing debug information. When you need it, it
> is time when you really need it and you are really stuck and blaming
> your JRE for various aspects if debug info is not there.
Egor,

looks like you are mixing up jdk and jre.
jdk is java development kit and is used for application development.
This bundle should really have sources and debug info.
I'm talking about jre which is just runtime environment and is used by
users or customers but not by developers. And users are interested in
the size of bundle not the debug info...

SY, Alexey