harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bti][p-unit] finally, it is ready
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:12:13 GMT
Hello Stepan,
I'm gratefull for your interest to this patch.

>  why did you remove logging for "date-of-creation" and
> "authors" field?

I believe these fields are now excessive. A date of creation may be
got from svn as well as an author. I was not a supporter or author
removal idea because svn lists only committers, but this was accepted
anyway, and now we should to follow.

I agree that obsolete warnings may be removed by decreasing logging
level, but this is not a correct way to follow to my personal point of
view.

> Is is necessary for p-unit integration? I guess no -
> you can change logging level (or fix tests description files) to avoid
> unwanted logging.

And you are correct. It is not necessary for p-unit integration. The
goal is not p-unit integration at all. The goal is adding new tests
and integrating them seamlessly, and absence of obsolete warnings is
important for seamless integration.

Thanks!

--
With best regards,