harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possibel to use a debug build to run stress tests? Was: [build-test alert] FAILED Linux x86: stress
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:02:33 GMT
Stepan,

I believe the test suite run time is not be a factor which affects our
decision on a configuration which is used for the test run. Most of
stress tests have a duration of 30 seconds, regardless of the build
which is used for the testing. The total test suite run time is within
40 minutes.

You argument about testing binaries which are delivered to the
customer is pretty valid from my point of view. From the other side it
makes little sense to look for root enumeration errors with heap
validity asserts disabled. Does anyone see how can we resolve this
situation?

Thanks.

--
With best regards,