harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bti][p-unit] finally, it is ready
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:53:24 GMT
Stepan,
Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Let me define a term we are using first. "VM specific behavior"
actually is an abstract behavior which is VM specific, and not a
behavior, which is specific for DRLVM. To make tests flexible for any
behavior, I've made them looking like performance tests. For reporting
performance-like metrics p-unit was a viable alternative, see the wiki
page [1] for comparison. So p-unit integration is not something
separate from the stress test suite: it suites actual needs.

>From technical point of view the patch may be split into several
patches. There is even more interesting alternative to get p-unit as
an external dependency for our repository.

Thanks.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Harmony_Test_Harness_Comparison

--
With best regards,