harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question About "EB_PROF.mode" in client.emconf File
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:34:11 GMT
Lucy,

this option determines the way entry-backedge profile hotness is checked in
runtime.
In "SYNC" mode JET compiler generates profile hotness checks in every method
prologue.
In "ASYNC" mode, DRLVM starts separate thread(s) (see EMThreadSupport) that
is responsible to check profiles and emit "profile ready" events.

--
Mikhail Fursov