harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] WinXP with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:33:07 GMT
Folks,
do you think it makes sense to add info on running the Express Edition to
Wiki or someplace else for the general public?
as far as i know, our site never mentions we run on EE in the first place,
so if we manage to do it and say exactly how we did it, the info may be
helpful. What do you say?

cheers,
Nadya

On 10/22/07, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Im assuming this is a new flag for 2005 Edition, so I don't see that
> adding it to the .mak file would make any difference to a build using
> .NET 2003. If it enables us to get a bit further into the build with
> 2005, Im +1 to that.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver
>
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Oliver Deakin wrote:
> >
> >> No problem, glad that helped get you a little further. I tried using
> >> 2005 Express Edition once before and I seem to remember having to
> >> download 2 or 3 packages before I had a complete build environment! Let
> >> us know how you get on - if you successfully complete the build I
> >> imagine this would be something valuable to add to the build webpages.
> >>

> > Yes indeed.  Any reason why we should not also add
> > -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS permanently to our mak file?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim
> >

> --
> Oliver Deakin