harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject [site][wiki][ru] Help in Russian available!
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:43:04 GMT
Hi all,
I've been thinking that we don't pay enough attention to the needs of our
community: many of currently active contributors and committers are Russian,
yet we have no localized help to assist them. Surely, we  all know some
English, otherwise, communication would have been impossible. However,
because Harmony seems to attract Russian-speaking audience, I decided to
create some initial help in this language. After all, Chinese guys have
their Wiki, why not us!

[1] is the starting page for Russian help, a link to this page is also
available from the front page.
Currently, i've translated Quick Help for Users and Quick Help for
Contributors and added them as separate topics to this page. These are
drafts only, and I plan to work more to improve wording and completeness.

All Russian-speaking people are welcome to edit the new resource. I haven't
had time to add starting info. Your help is much appreciated, I've never
tried writing in Russian before, it's too tough.

[1]
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/%d0%a0%d1%83%d1%81%d1%81%d0%ba%d0%b0%d1%8f%d0%92%d0%b5%d1%80%d1%81%d0%b8%d1%8f

PS: i'm sorry about the long address. we should probably change it to
non-cyrillic characters. It's just that the starting heading is the page
name, and i think it's not good to have a russian-language page to start
with a non-russian heading. if somebody could please fix the link so that
the URL is ok but the heading and the reference on the front page are in
Russian, that would be great.

--
Cheers,
Nadya