harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadya Morozova" <nad.moroz...@googlemail.com>
Subject [site] add automatic out-of-date notice to the old pages
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:03:15 GMT
Hi,
What do you think of this:
Let's add a notice at the top of evidently old pages on the website to warn
readers that the docs are out-of-date and currently being revised? Some of
the DRLVM component descriptions, such as the threading module, and the
developer's guide (see bug HARMONY-4646 for report on wrong bits).

we could perhaps automate adding some notice by editing the site.vsl file?
for example, we could add a new property of "status" or something to xml
pages, and when the status is "outofdate", the processing engine will add
some notice to the top of the corresponding html page. At least, that's how
i see this from the technical standpoint. if somebody could come up with a
better solution or add a new macro to site.vsl with this functionality, that
would be real nice.

--
Cheers,
Nadya